Acceptable Usage Policy and Conditions of Use
for users authenticating themselves using Life Science Login
This Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use (“AUP”) defines the rules and conditions that govern your access to and use of the resources and services (including transmission, processing, and storage of data) available to Life Science Login users. This includes the services relying on Life Science Login to authenticate their user and to make authorization decisions. These relying services are provided for the purpose of research and collaboration in life sciences. LifeScience Login and all the relying services are further denoted as “Services”.
This AUP is based on the WISE AUP 1.0 model and governs your use of Life Science Login to access the relying services. The AUP also acts as a baseline for your use of the relying services themselves, and these services may further extend the AUP with their own additional terms.
- You shall only use the Services in a manner consistent with the purposes and limitations described above; you shall show consideration towards other users including by not causing harm to the Services; you have an obligation to collaborate in the resolution of issues arising from your use of the Services.
- You shall only use the Services for lawful purposes and not breach, attempt to breach, nor circumvent administrative or security controls.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. passwords, private keys or multi-factor tokens); no intentional sharing is permitted.
- You shall keep your registered information correct and up to date.
- You shall promptly report known or suspected security breaches, credential compromise, or misuse to the security contact stated below; and report any compromised credentials to the relevant issuing authorities.
- Reliance on the Services shall only be to the extent specified by any applicable service level agreements listed below. Use without such agreements is at your own risk.
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the privacy statements referenced below.
- Your use of the Services may be restricted or suspended, for administrative, operational, or security reasons, without prior notice and without compensation.
- If you violate these rules, you may be liable for the consequences, which may include your account being suspended and a report being made to your home organisation or to law enforcement.
The administrative contact for this AUP is: admin(at)aai.lifescience-ri.eu
The security contact for this AUP is: security(at)aai.lifescience-ri.eu
LS-AAI is provided on a best-effort basis and provides no service level agreement.
Version 4 August 2020
Based on AARC Policy development kit (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)