ELIXIR AAI to LS AAI Migration News
Information regarding Elixir AAI migration to LS AAI
11.4.2022 Elixir AAI user migration to LS Login was finished and LS Login is on production.
Service Migration is under preparation. Services will be contacted separately.
For general overview and timeplan were set several workshops and information exchange
- Engagement call with Elixir AAI IV - held on 30.3.2022 (please refer here for details)
- Elixir All Hands - June 2022, workshop AAI (please follow detailed program of the conference)
- Training for integrating new services to LS Login was held on Tuesday 17th of May 2022 (13.00 - 17.00 CEST). Materials are here.
- Refer to Section Service Providers for information how to connect/manage your service
- Functionality of setting password to your LS account for migrated users is not working yet - > will be available by the end of this week (till 17th of April)
- We have discovered a technical problem with authentication using the Google identity provider. It affects only some users using a Google account provided by their institution. Using a personal Google account works well. The issue is expected to be resolved on the 12th of April. - > Status: OK (12.4)
- Identity Management System: registration, user and group management, from 10:30 CEST (11.4) - > Status: OK (12.4)
- SPReg: service management, from 8:30 CEST (11.4) - > Status: OK (12.4)
Production date: 11.4.2022
Policies for end users and relying parties are published and you can find them under relevant sections Users and Relying parties on the main page: Life Science Login
How tos for Users
Q: How can I login for the first time to the service after migration (11.4.2022)?
A: You can login to the service as you always do (eg. click on the login logo on the service). There will be a special process step when you log in for the first time after migration: you will be asked to accept the LS login Acceptable Use Policy (it is materially the same as the ELIXIR AAI one). You will also be asked to review all previous consents to transfer your personal data to the services you used through the ELIXIR AAI.
Q: How should I proceed in case I received an email to follow “targeted id users” instructions when login for the first time?
A: You got this notification because your account cannot be automatically migrated into the Life Science Login due to technical limitations on the side of your Identity Provider (home organization).
Please follow the link you have recieved in the email. You will be taken to a special application.
Log in twice with your home organization. After that, your account should be ready to be used in Life Science Login.
If you do not wish to use your home organization for login or in case of running into any issues, contact us at aai-contact(at)elixir-europe.org.
We kindly ask you to perform this action before the 8th of April.
FAQ for Relying Parties
Q: What I as a Relying Party (service) need to do before the production date?
A: There is no need to do anything before the production date. But after migration there will be action needed, please check the next FAQ point.
Q: What I as a Relying Party (service) need to do after the production date?
A: You should update logo on your web via the user is login to the service. Instead of Elixir login to LS Login. In case you are not using logo but text, please change the text from Elixir to Life Science Login. You can find logo in LS Login and Register button.
Q: What is the plan for migrating my service to the LS Login?
A: Services will be updated one by one, we will contact you separately, timing depends on the functionality your service is using and its support in LS Login. Please wait for us to contact you with detailed instructions.
Q: Does my service still work with all the features even after migration of users (11.4.2022)